Year-round formula for all medium to large parrots, especially African greys, cockatoos, large conures, eclectus, macaws and pionus. Other species may be switched to Adult Lifetime Formula after a 6 month conversion period.
- Conversion: All birds should start out and remain on High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months. Special needs: For birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- Weaning Birds: Feed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- Breeding Birds: Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental certified organic vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) formula, add ½ Tbs (5 g) certified organic peanuts or almonds and 1Tbs (10 g) certified organic sunflower seeds. Storage:Harrison’s Bird Foods do not contain artificial preservatives. Once opened, a bag of Harrison’s should be used up within 6 weeks. Storing food in fridge or freezer helps maintain freshness.
- feed fresh food daily, do not “top off”.
- to help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals.
- birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline.
Composition: *Ground Shelled Sunflower Seeds, *Ground Hulless Barley, *Ground Soybeans, *Ground Shelled Peanuts, *Ground Green Peas, *Ground Lentils, *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Rice, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, *Psyllium, *Ground Alfalfa, *Ground Dried Sea Kelp, *Sunflower Oil, *Algae Meal, *Vegetable Oil.
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per Kg: Vitamins: Vit A 4409 IU, Vit B1 2677 IU, Vit B2 2380 IU, Vit E 437 IU, Vit D3 276 IU, Vit B12 40mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 13.3mg, Manganese Sulphate 4.4mg, Copper Sulphate 2.7mg, Sodium Selenite 0.15mg.
Analytical constituents: Crude Protein (min.) 18%, Crude Fat (min.) 15%, Crude Fibre (max.) 6.5%, Moisture (max.) 10%.