Household Disinfectant Is Harmful To Pets

Household disinfectants that contain Phenols (disinfectant that goes cloudy when water is added) are very toxic to pets, in particular, cats.

Most leading brands do put a warning on their product of this danger as a cat will ingest phenol from the litter tray, or when licking their paws after walking on a newly disinfected floor.

The phenol can then build up in the cats liver and kidneys causing organ failure, which can be fatal.

Please consider using animal friendly disinfectant around your pet’s environment.

Not sure what brand or type you need? Give us a call or nip into our store for some friendly advice!