Royal Canin Medium Adult Dry Food is for all dogs from 11 to 25kg over 12 months old.
Medium-sized dogs are often more robust and agile than other dogs. They have a broad spectrum of activity, ranging from the quiet family dog to the high performance dog. The family dog may tend towards being overweight and needs measured food intake whereas the medium-sized performance dog (for example, hunting or racing dog) has high energy requirements. Rummaging in undergrowth, splashing in water etc moreover requires special protection for skin and coat.
Medium-sized dogs who spend a lot of time outside are also at an increased risk of infections and therefore need a strong immune system.
Royal Canin Medium Adult dry dog food caters to the unique characteristics of adult dogs of medium-sized breeds (11 – 25kg) from 12 months of age:
- Maintaining ideal weight: a controlled, moderate energy intake helps to keep the ideal weight
- Optimal digestive safety: highly digestible proteins and a balanced proportion of dietary fibre support the organism’s intake of nutrients and regulate intestinal activity
- Excellent palatability: carefully selected nutrients and the special texture, shape and size of the kibble ensure maximum acceptance
One of the aims of a diet for a medium-sized dog is to provide the best possible support for the immune system. Royal Canin Medium Adult dog food helps in these ways:
- Mannan-oligosaccharides may bind pathogenic germs and strengthen local defences in the intestines
- Essential omega-3 fatty acids prevent infections
- Vitamins C and E support the neutralisation of free radicals and protect the membranes of body cells